Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Don't Know

The day turns down like dogs in heat
Thoroughly thrashed, their feet gone into the beating layers
Of fire-engined flesh:
They still lay out like gay fairies on parade,
Manhandled like goldfish drowning in
Marmalade;
And Kelly, Kelly, don’t you love me like a goldfish floating
Above your jellies:
Kelly, Kelly- You still lip like a song of a knife over my wrists,
And I would walk out all night for you,
Trying to rightly describe this curious gist, Kelly;
Your family is as beautiful as you are, like a stamped letter,
Kelly; and that is all I know that you are-
Kelly- The rainstorms come and I am all alone, and I don’t
Really believe in the beautiful dwarfs who are smaller
And more precious that the both of us,
And I just want to spend more time with you Kelly:
Kelly, I don’t care who you really love-
I don’t care about your mother; Kelly, your eyes are the depths
Of all fairytales, and I wish I could speak to you of what I know;
And I enjoyed your lips on Tuesday, Kelly;
I told you that it was the first time I’ve kissed a girl in seven
Years on Tuesday, Kelly…. And I don’t lie;
And I love you, Kelly…. Kelly in your doublewide;
In your papermache tomb that never touched the end of high school,
But I don’t know…. Kelly, Kelly…. I don’t know….